“Personal information” refers to your private information and includes information that can be associated with a specific person that could be used to identify that specific person, either from the data directly or from that data combined with other information that we have, or are likely to have, access to.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
Should a user decide to make a purchase by making use of the Website, the following information may be required which includes but is not limited to:
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your delivery address;
- your mobile number;
- if a refund is required, we may request your bank account details in order to make payment.
When you visit our website for purchasing and/browsing purposes the website servers will in such instances collect the IP address of the User computer, but not the email address or any other distinguishing information. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the Website, pages viewed, etc. Asmalls uses this information to determine the use of the Website, and to improve the Content thereon.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED:
The Personal Information we collect from you will be used in some of the following ways:
- To deliver the products you have purchased from us;
- To updated you on the delivery of the products;
- For customer support services;
- To inform you of special offers and promotional competitions offered by us (if you have opted in to receiving marketing material)
- To improve your experience on our site by monitoring browsing habits and click patterns as this will assist in improving our Website and products we provide.
Third Party service providers may use your information about your visits to our Website, in order to provide content and advertisements about goods or services of interest to you.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Should your personal information change, kindly inform us and provide updated, accurate and current information as soon as reasonably possible in order to update your personal information.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS PROTECTED:
Please be aware that all personal information is treated as strictly confidential. All personal information we collect is protected by reasonable technical means and reasonable security procedures in order to prevent unauthorized access or use of data and ensure that your personal information is kept safe and protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing, disclosure, access, destruction, damage or accidental loss. We will protect your personal information as best we can but we cannot guarantee the security of your information in the event of any data breach or in the course of its transmission as security around retained information can be penetrated by criminals and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Our affiliates, trusted partners and third-party service providers have committed to manage the information in accordance with South African legislative requirements for security and privacy.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
a. Your personal information will not be shared with any third parties other than:
- Employees and/or third party service providers directly related to assisting you with the use of the website and delivery of the products you have purchased from the Website.
- To our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any products you have purchased which requires their involvement.
- We may share some or all of your information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights.
b. We undertake to provide reasonable notification in the event that Asmalls becomes aware of any unauthorized use, disclosure or processing of your personal information.
c. We undertake to, upon your request by way of written notification, to return, destroy any or all of your personal information in our possession or control.
d. If you disclose your personal information to a third party, such as a third party which operates a website which is linked to this website, Asmalls shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, suffered by you as a result of the disclosure of such information to the third party.
JURISDICTION IN CASE OF ANY DISPUTE
This site and any of its policies are subject to the laws of the Republic of South Africa and any disputes arising from the use of this site shall be determined in a South African court or alternative dispute resolution forum chosen by the website owner.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Questions about this policy can be sent through to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.